Starting today on Google Play, you’ll find the first release of HCL Nomad for Android Tablets. You can find the application on this LINK. Documentation is here LINK. What are the system requirements and limitations of this release?
- Android tablet with version 8.0 or higher and 64-bit architecture (Android Go edition not supported)
- Domino server 9.0.1, 10.x (or 11.x) that you can access through a virtual private network (VPN) or over the internet.
Limitations for Android
- Domino policies are not fully supported. Policy settings are applied during first installation and setup of Domino Mobile Apps. Changes made to policy settings after the initial setup may not be applied, however. In addition, not all policy settings have been fully tested. Full support of policies is planned for a future release.
- AES GCM encryption is not supported. HCL Nomad falls back to AES-128 CBC mode when communicating with Domino servers configured to use AES GCM.
- Java™-based applications (JavaAgents, XPages) are not supported.
- Web services design elements are not supported.
- Use of application management framework such as Android Enterprise is not supported.
- The Lotus Script ODBC Extension is not supported.
- Custom actions that are defined for the drop-down action menu are not available.
- HCL Nomad does not work with On Demand VPN configurations. If a VPN connection is required in order to connect to your Domino server, then the VPN connection must be present before using HCL Nomad to connect to your Domino server
- The Notes Workspace is not supported.
- Roaming is not supported.
- The Create menu is not available.
- Mail file usage does not support MIME type emails.
- “Forward as attachments” is not currently supported as a mail file action.
- Initial setup of the Nomad client using a passthru server connection document is not currently supported. Once the client’s initial setup is complete, a passthru server connection document can be created and Nomad will use the passthru server as expected.
- Spell checking support is limited to device spell checking service support