When user click the “Manage the Notes ID” from Traveler home page, there is an error saying:
“404 – File or directory not found. The resource you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.”
It is possible that the server administrator changed the URL of the external server when using large “T” in the word “traveler”.
The “External Server URL” configuration of the Notes Traveler tab in the server documents is case sensitive.
https://server URL/Traveler to https://server URL/traveler
Restart traveler server
Source: Support HCL
This week has been released another version of midpoints Let’s Encrypt 4 Domino v2.2.0 .
This versions includes an updated LetsEncrypt agent. Let’s Encrypt introduced a change for there API, which requires an update on our side. You will have to upgrade to v2.2.0 until November 2019 to keep LE4D working.
The new version is available here: www.midpoints.de
You may not see the option to open an archive database after upgrading to Verse On-Premises 1.0.8.
If you have a “simple” solution where you have a manually created archive DB of your mail (without applying the policy), you probably won’t see this new option to open it to the VOP as described here LINK.
I solved this issue with HCL support and this is a bug on which request VERSE-57616 was created.
There will be a VOP 1.0.8a deliverable in the coming weeks that will include the fix for this issue.
The bug is due to the fact that the code was expecting there to be an Archive Settings policy document assigned to the user. If there was no archive Setting policy document assigned to the user, VOP would not show any archives.
You can work around this issue by assigning an Archive Settings policy document to the user.
FP3 for Notes / Domino 10.0.1 is available. Starting with IBM Notes/Domino 10.0.1 Fix Pack 3, downloads are now available from HCL. FP will no longer be found on IBM FixCentral.
Here is a detailed description: LINK
- SPR# DLIMBDWQXW – Fixed a problem where the Notes client would hang on exit when Replication on exit was enabled. This regression was introduced in 9.0.1 FP10.
- SPR# JALAB6SRRH – If EnableThreeClicks ini is set to 1, user will be required to enter three clicks for opening attachments and URLs, as mandated by the EU. This option is off by default.
- SPR# VRARB6GJCZ – Fixed a problem in the Notes client where Widgets would not work. This regression was introduced in 10.0.1 FP10.
- SPR# ZNDNBC8H3E – Fixed a Notes client crash on Windows 10 V1809 whenever the user tried to remotely connect to their machine via Remote Desktop Protocol.
- SPR# DOKEATLHV9 – Prior to this fix, the failover error “Remote system no longer responding” was shown on send-mail action when the primary server was down.This is specific to SCN.
- SPR# SSARBD4J84 – Fixed a problem in the Notes client where, if the Notes preference Open each document in new window has been set, the first window opened cannot be closed. This regression was introduced in 9.0.1 FP10.
- SPR# KSOAB5MM66 – Fixed a problem with the Notes calendar where setting the body text to any proportionally spaced font then reopening the saved calendar entry would result in the body text having been changed toDefault Monospace font. This regression was introduced in 10.0.
- SPR# SMEAB94AYW – Fixed a problem where the Notes client would hang when using a particular widget.
- SPR# RGANBBABED – Fixed a problem in Xpages in the Mac Client where an error 500 page was being displayed when trying to launch an Xpage app. This regression was introduced in 10.0.1.
- SPR# RPAIBC5J2Y – Fixed a problem in the Notes client where certain SMIME messages would crashing when being opened
- SPR# SSPLBCSJ2B – Mac client now has an updated version of the JVM – 1.8 (IBM) SR5 FP30
- SPR# AGUD87CN4P – Fixed a problem where the LotusScript Split function would produce incorrect results if the delimiter contained two of the same character.
- SPR# JCORBDBPYA – LotusScript JSONElement.value property truncates the LotusScript string when the value is greater than 64K. Fix provides for complete return of a JSONElement value string.
- SPR# JCUSB9JL8B – DQL: Fixed a problem where DQL did not recognize a query that contained DBCS characters.
- SPR# RDOLB9734S – Fixed a problem in Domino Designer where editing and saving LotusScript agents in would sometimes hangs when “Run in background client thread” was enabled.
- SPR# TOCLBC7MGL – Fixed a problem in Domino Designer where Xpages would no longer work after opening/closing a form if LibreOffice (v6.2) was installed. This regression was introduced in 10.0.
- SPR# GFALBCFAK3 – Fixed a problem with DAOS resync where deletion and copy style compact were not possible after DAOS resync due to an error “File is in use by another program”.
- SPR# GRHEBBCS5X – Fixed a problem where Symmetrical cluster created a folder when doing a repair even if the directory in the path was a directory link
- SPR# KKHOBCGF8H – Fixed a problem where, when creating new replicas (where the target replica is a stub), if a corrupt folder note exists in the source database, replication might retry replicating the corrupt folder note and not complete. This regression was introduced in 10.0.
- SPR# MNAA9K9ANA – Fixed a problem where Xpages documents would not show an inserted image if an attachment had been uploaded to the document. The MIME data type was not getting set to Content-Type:multipart/related
- SPR# MSKABBZH3L – Fixed a problem where Adminp was failing trying to create replicas of large databases (250gb) on large disks (2TB). It would incorrectly state there was insufficient space. The workaround is to create the replica directly in the UI and not use adminp. This issue has been corrected. This regression was introduced in 10.0
- SPR# PLYSBCPKCP – Fixed a problem in the Domino SMTP server where a non-ascii internet message address phrase lost its encoding when being stored in a Notes item. This regressoin was introduced in 9.0.1 FP10.
- SPR# RPAIBA9JUZ– Fixed a problem in QVault tool where too much logging information was being output by default. Logging now requires notes.in DEBUG_IDV_QVAULT=1 to be set.
- SPR# SAZR9REQ9R – Fixed an intermittant crash on Domino server making outbound LDAP search requests. This is most likely due to an edge case network error condition.
- SPR# STAAB6A5GX – Fixed a problem in the Domino server where the Tika java process was not being shutdown when the update task was restarted.
- SPR# DVDIASU9A3 – Fixed a problem in the HTML Parser where the router would sometimes hang while processing styles.
- SPR# JPAIB6ZLKG – Fixed a problem with the Domino server where the Java Tika process was not terminating cleanly on Domino server shutdown on non windows platforms
- SPR# PKURBBX6QK – Fixed a problem where ampersands contained in an LDAP filter attribute value were inadvertently being escaped in filters which were not being sent to IBM Directory Server LDAP. This fix causes the ampersand to be escaped only in filter attribute values being sent to an IBM Directory Server. This regression was introduced in 9.0.1 FP8.
- SPR# RSTNB6GC7D – Fixed a problem where dbmt did not terminate when running with -range option and loaded at server startup. This was causing dbmt to not process databases when the next time the specified range came around.
- SPR# MSAHBC92RS – iNotes: Fixed a problem in iNotes where, using IE, the Notes ID management dialog box became blank after the internet certificate was imported.
- SPR# SLODAN59R7 – iNotes: Fixed a problem where hyper links in the mail body were truncated if the URL had spaces. This regression was introduced in 10.0.
- SPR# TPONBBYCME – iNotes: Fixed a problem where the mail body contents in bidirection environment didn’t appear in the correct direction.
- SPR# RMTGB7NEX2 – iNotes – Fixed a problem that hyper links in mail body did not work if the URL had spaces – the spaces were truncated. This regression was introduced in 10.0.
The Product Ideas Forum for Domino, Notes, Verse, Sametime, Connections has been available for a long time. This is the place where you can submit your product ideas and enhancement request.
You can participation by voting on, commenting on, and creating new ideas.All new ideas are evaluated by HCL Product Management & Engineering teams. Some user ideas have already been included in the new versions, some are in the solution.
So you can be co-creator or visionary of new functionalities, new versions. You may be part of the new #dominoforever era.
Come join, share, vote on the website https://domino.ideas.aha.io
I myself have put in a few ideas and if you are interested, you can vote for them:
- User ID – default “Not localy encrypt” local DB (NTS-I-951)
- Export, import, Save as – theme Notes (NTS-I-949)
- Attachment Viewer (NTS-I-44)
- Users and devices management DMA (NTS-I-47)
- Domino Administrator client for Mac OS (NTS-I-25)
- Domino console for iOS (iPad) (NTS-I-429)
Sometimes it happens that the user needs to change the Internet password most often to iNotes.
You can prepare an application, but if you need it really fast, just enter the URL for a Web application and add “?changepassword” after the database name at the end of the URL.
In the “Change Password” screen, enter your old Internet password. Next enter a new password, and then confirm your new password.
Domino V11 beta is scheduled on September 16. To participate in the Domino Portfolio and Sametime V11 beta simply fill-in and submit the entry form on this site: LINK
HCL is looking for participants who are willing to:
- Engage in a dialog about Domino, Notes and Sametime V11 and provide timely and candid feedback
- Be constructive and professional in all written/spoken interaction with beta program members, and HCL
- Attend the web conferences and meetings pertaining to the beta program
- Install and test the beta offering in a non-production environment
- Share their use case for the beta in their company
- Be open to the idea of becoming a reference for Domino and/or Sametime V11
There will be an initial beta release with a product refresh to follow. Testing will start on 9/4 for the products below:
- HCL Notes and Domino v11.0.0 Release Notes English
- HCL Notes v11.0.0 Basic Configuration Windows English
- HCL Notes v11.0.0 Windows English
- HCL Notes v11.0.0 Mac 64 bit English
- HCL Notes, Domino Designer and Admin v11.0.0 Windows English
- HCL Domino Server v11.0.0 Windows 64 bit English
- HCL Domino Server v11.0.0 Linux 64 bit English
- HCL Sametime v11.0.0 Multilingual*
*Initial beta release will be Sametime Embedded client only for install with Notes v11.0.0. All other Sametime v11.0.0 clients and servers will follow. New code strings will be English only.
We have completed the first month when HCL fully took over from IBM Collaboration software (Domino, Notes, Sametime, Connections …..).
Information comes from all sides, we gain access to individual systems.
Everything is not going smoothly, but from my own experience I know that the people of each teams are trying to help. I wish everything was successful and thanks to all HCL people and customers for patience.
We get a lot of information, which is gradually updated, so I tried to prepare some interesting sources.
- Website HCL software LINK
- Customer registration LINK
- Partner registration LINK
- HCL Software Customer Support LINK
- Overview of purchased software LINK
- HCL Software Licensing and Download LINK
- Factory Tour 3 – HCL Presentation Catalog LINK
- Digital Solutions Blogs LINK
- HCL Masters Programme LINK
- Sign up for Nomad on Android beta LINK
- Template Experience LINK
- Social Connections 15 Conference (Munich- September) LINK
- RNUG Forum (Moscow – October) LINK
- Domino Portable Edition – Building the smallest Domino server (Thomas Hampel) LINK
Thanks to Detlev Poettgen and Ulrich Krause for releasing another version of midpoints Let’s Encrypt 4 Domino 2.1.0. The new version is available here: www.midpoints.de
New Features and Changes:
- Multi value field for Domain now supports comma, semicolon and new line as separator.
- New Setting: HTML Directory to support custom domino/html directory.
- New Restart Option: Restart of the Domino Server after successfully renewal.
- Extended log messages during agent execution.
- Agent output will be added and saved in the settings document and can be viewed there.
- Added additional hints in the settings form to make it a little bit easier to start using LE4D.
On July 1, a new era “Collaboration” software under the leadership of HCL begins. The transaction between IBM and HCL was successfully completed by June 30th and now everything can be started.
Here’s the official announcement LINK
The transfer under HCL includes in particular these products:
- Domino Mobile Apps
- and more
Here are some resources:
- HCL software page LINK
- HCL Domino page LINK
- HCL Notes page LINK
- HCL Sametime page LINK
- HCL Verse page LINK
- HCL Connections page LINK
- HCL Customer Support page LINK
- HCL Partner Connect page LINK