Domino V11 beta is scheduled on September 16. To participate in the Domino Portfolio and Sametime V11 beta simply fill-in and submit the entry form on this site: LINK
HCL is looking for participants who are willing to:
- Engage in a dialog about Domino, Notes and Sametime V11 and provide timely and candid feedback
- Be constructive and professional in all written/spoken interaction with beta program members, and HCL
- Attend the web conferences and meetings pertaining to the beta program
- Install and test the beta offering in a non-production environment
- Share their use case for the beta in their company
- Be open to the idea of becoming a reference for Domino and/or Sametime V11
There will be an initial beta release with a product refresh to follow. Testing will start on 9/4 for the products below:
- HCL Notes and Domino v11.0.0 Release Notes English
- HCL Notes v11.0.0 Basic Configuration Windows English
- HCL Notes v11.0.0 Windows English
- HCL Notes v11.0.0 Mac 64 bit English
- HCL Notes, Domino Designer and Admin v11.0.0 Windows English
- HCL Domino Server v11.0.0 Windows 64 bit English
- HCL Domino Server v11.0.0 Linux 64 bit English
- HCL Sametime v11.0.0 Multilingual*
*Initial beta release will be Sametime Embedded client only for install with Notes v11.0.0. All other Sametime v11.0.0 clients and servers will follow. New code strings will be English only.
After an intensive first day and a great evening followed by an interesting program right from the morning.
The second day I was most interested in the news about Verse 11, Sametime 10, Client Notes 11.
VERSE On-Premises 11…
Barry Rosen and Andrew Davis have demonstrated the functionality that will appear in the near future in VOP 1.0.7 :
- ICS Import directly from an attachment
- Allow user to download all attachments at once
- Allow user to filter search results to show unread messages
- Allow viewing of messages sent with “prevent copy” turned on
- Better user experience when type-ahead yields no results
- Change blank subject line to the name of an attachment
- Continued enhancements on the modernization of the Calendar user interface
- and several others
VOP features coming to VOC in Q1/Q2 -Subject to change:
- 24 hour time setting
- 30 days data sync for offline
- Accept button added to Calendar Inbox popup card
- Allow users to minimize the compose and quick calendar create docked windows
- Dual Time Zone in Calendar Inbox
- Extension: 3rd party Files repository integration
- Extension: Custom name Picker enhancement.TO/Cc/Bcc in one action
- Extension Enhancement: Hook before on Send: provide attachment name & size and bcc info
- and many others
VERSE TOP BACKLOG ITEMS:
- Complete New Calendar React UI
- Complete effort for supporting Verse Web on Mobile (Mobile web alternative to iNotes Ultra Light)
- Next Gen Lightweight Client
Notes & Lightweight Client Strategy
Another (for me) expected session was Notes & Lightweight Client Strategy by Adrew Davis
Notes 11 backlog sneak peak – Subject to change
- Windows 64-bit /JVM 11 support
- Mac 64-bit installer
- Modernized Look
- Stretch Goal: Create meetings beyond 24 hours – for all clients !
What does it mean to be “Lighter Weight”
- Simpler Install and Upgrade – No more provisioning
- Super fast startup – enough said
- Single native process – No Java, less memory ….
- Simpler extensibility model – HTML/JS programming – No more Eclipse, Java, SWT
- and others
The first beta Lighter Weight Client should be in 2019
What to expect in Sametime 10 showed Pat Galvin.
What´s in Sametime Limited use V10
- Concurrent online clients – desktop, mobile, browser
- Messages received immediately on all online client
- Received queued messages when logging in on a client
- Runs on Domino 64-bit
- Fully compatible with Sametime 9.0.1 FP1
What’s next in V10 or V11
- Server-side Chat History
- Multi-Device File Transer
- Multi-Device Voice/Video Calling
- No More Browser Plugins
- Docker for Simplified Deployment
- Get rid of WAS, DB2, Sametime System Console
- and many others
What to write at the end?
I did not get any more because I had to go back home to work. The journey by car was long enough and I had time to think about what it was like for 2 days in HCL Factory.
It was a great day with lots of interesting information, and it seems that HCL really means “Domino family” seriously.
I’m glad I could be there to meet a bunch of new people.
I’m glad I do not have to end after 25 years of working with Domino / Notes.
Thanks for the invitation, thanks to the all members HCL team.
You do not stop!!
I look forward to May – engage.ug and sutol.cz conference