I continue with the previous article about news in final release, where I summarized news in Notes client and iNotes V11. However, most features require a Domino V11 server. Here is a summary of news for the Domino server.
- New Domino licensing model
(Active license management is not available for production use licenses at this time. Therefore, configuring a FlexNet license server for Domino 11.0.0 is not required. Details of when HCL will enable active license management will be announced.)
- Product rebranding
(References to IBMhave been rebranded to HCL for the Notes and Domino product family. Strings with IBM that were visible in normal use of the product are changed to HCL.
Occurrences of IBM in the following locations are changed to HCL:
– Logos and copyright information
– Error messages
– Dialog boxes
– Templates and databases that ship with Domino and Notes 11
– Registry path in Windows™ platform
Not all IBM strings are replaced. The following occurrences of IBM strings remain and have not been changed:
– The following directories or paths that if changed could require customers to alter their applications: IBM_TECHNICAL_SUPPORT, IBM_ID_VAULT, IBM_Credstore, IBMDomino.sym, ibmditar.css, C:\Program Files\IBM\Domino\data\domino\js\dojo-1.5.4\ibm
– notes.ini configuration parameters that contain IBM strings
– Proprietary IBM strings such as IBM operating systems, servers, compilers.
– LDAP attributes
– COM objects with IBM as the namespace
- New InstallAnywhere platform for Domino
(Flexera InstallAnywhere 2018 is the underlying install platform used as of HCL Domino 11. InstallAnywhere offers the following install modes:
– Graphic User Interface (GUI) mode, available only on Windows
– Console mode, available only on AIX and Linux
– Silent install mode, available on all platforms
- Directory Sync
(Directory Sync allows you to sync people and group data from an external LDAP directory into the Domino directory. Currently data from Active Directory can be synced. )
- DAOS tier2 storage
(Domino Attachment Object Service (DAOS) tier 2 storage enables you to use an S3-compatible storage service to store older attachment objects that haven’t been accessed within a specified number of days. This feature allows you to reduce the amount of data stored on Domino servers that use DAOS. It can also improve the performance of any incremental file backups done for DAOS. An S3-compatible storage service uses the Amazon Web Services (AWS) Simple Storage Service (S3) API)
- New Java Runtime Environment
(The Java Runtime Environment (JRE) that comes with HCL Domino® 11 and HCL Domino Designer 11 is now Eclipse OpenJ9 that is provided through AdoptOpenJDK.
The JRE component versions are:
– openjdk version “1.8.0_222”
– OpenJDK Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_222-b10)
– Eclipse OpenJ9 VM
- IBM GSKit cryptographic libraries replaced with the OpenSSL equivalents
(On all HCL Notes and Domino® platforms, OpenSSL 1.1.1a cryptographic libraries replace the IBM GSKit libraries provided in earlier releases)
- Limiting ID file downloads from the ID vault is disabled for SAML federated login
(When SAML Notes federated login or SAML Web federated login is the authentication method used to extract HCL Notes ID files from the ID vault, the value for the ID Vault policy setting Allow automatic ID downloads is now ignored. (This setting is in the ID vault tab of a Security Settings policy document).
The setting is ignored because SAML authentication requires unrestricted download access to ID files from the vault.
- Authenticating web users against the Notes ID passwords in the ID vault
(You can configure HCL Domino® to use the password in an ID vault to authenticate web users that access the server)