During the HCL Factory Tour in Milan, in addition to HCL Sametime 12.0.1 (summarized in the previous article), Notes/Domino 12.0.2 were released. You must have already noticed a lot of announcements from my fellow Ambassadors, so I also prepared a summary in one article.
- HCL Domino 12.0.2 System Requirements
- HCL Domino for 12.0.2 for IBM i Software Requirements
- HCL Notes 12.0.2 System Requirements
- HCL iNotes 12.0.2 Browser Requirements
Planning your upgrade to Notes and Domino 12.0.2
- Security considerations prior to upgrading
It’s important to review your security practices before upgrading, especially if you are upgrading from an old version.
- Preparing your environment for the upgrade
Time spent doing a thorough evaluation of your environment prior to upgrading is time well spent. Capturing baselines of your existing server infrastructure allows you to compare how the upgraded environment is performing.
- Planning the deployment of the new release
Depending on the size of your organization and the number of Domino servers involved, an organization upgrade schedule may range from a few hours to a few weeks or months.
- Upgrading a Domino server
Before upgrading a Domino server, review the upgrade considerations and choose the upgrade option to use.
- Upgrading post-V11 AD Password Sync to V12.0.2 or later
Upgrade Domino AD Password Sync installations that use Domino 12.0 or 12.0.1 to Domino 12.0.2 in order to use the new “AD Password Sync” server install type available in 12.0.2 and later.
- Planning the deployment of a new version of Notes
Understand the things to consider and actions to take before installing a new version of HCL Notes.
HCL Domino 12.0.2
- Installation features
- Configuration features
- Security features
- Administration features
- Other enhancements
- Components no longer included as of 12.0.2
HCL Notes 12.0.2
- Mail improvements
- Calendar improvements
- Workspace improvements
- Database encryption improvements
- Other enhancements
- Domino Restyle enhancements
HCL Domino Designer 12.0.2
- Domino Restyle
- 64-bit Designer release
- XPages and Java agents can share a JAR file
- XPages improvements
- Debugger improvement
- Signature add-on to Rich Text Field
- LotusScript and Java methods for database encryption and decryption
- DQL search optimization
HCL Traveler 12.0.2
- Enhanced Traveler Container image
- Masking user and device details on the Traveler home page
- Customization of generated emails
- Improved APNS messages for Verse iOS
- Viewing Rich Text descriptions in Calendar Events and Notices enabled by default
- Notes document link formatting
- New defaults for server filter settings
|Customer Problem #||Abstract|
|KB0100772||Unable to restrict download of calendar attachments|
|KB0100957||Notes Document Link icon is displayed as a broken image in the Mail app on the iOS/iPad OS devices|
|KB0100960||HCL Traveler should have an option for links to only provide the Notes link and not a web/HTTP link and utilize an icon instead of text for the Notes link|
|KB0099809||‘Prohibit export of calendar to OS’ security setting is not applied correctly to Android clients when using HCL Traveler policies.|
|KB0101377||Apple iOS/iPad OS 16.x Mail app sending mails through HCL Traveler without a plain text part causing display of unusable plain text|
HCL Traveler for Microsoft Outlook 3.0.5
- Delegates can now add a delegated account to their profile using the command line.
- Support for Outlook 2021
|Client||HAW-1694||HTMO client hangs Outlook in File->HCL Traveler if server is down|
|Client||HAW-1832||empty MIME header on forward/reply with option Attach original message|
|Client||HAW-1989||Advanced tab and “Repair Account” doesn’t work|
|Client||HAW-1998||Advanced tab and “Repair Account” Registry Update failed|
|Client||HAW-1992||Log output files have wrong product name|
|Client||HAW-2009||Update Help->Product Documentation to point to latest HTMO doc|