…. that was my last tweet before I got into the my car and drove home.
What interesting happened on the second day of the conference?
Although Day 1 was long, the start of Day 2, which was already at 8 am, did not allow much rest. The composition of the program did not allow a thorough tour of the zoo, but Burgers’ Ocean really surprised me.
Summary in points:
- HCL Nomad Web Proxy (Licensing will require current Maintenance and Support Agreement in place)
- Nomad for Android Mobile 1.0.3 available LINK
- Sign up Nomad (web) Beta LINK
Domino/Notes 12 (Candidate Functionality)
- Domino/Notes V12 will come 1H/21
- Two-Factor Authentication web apps o Domino (supporting e.g. Google Authenticator)
- Two-Factor Authentication for NRPS clients
- Auto-Deploy IDVault
- Let’s Encrypt integration enabled by default
- TouchID support for MacOS
- Maintenance of ID file in IDVAult for non-NRPS clients (rename, recertify, move …)
Security Improvements – Domino/Notes V11.0.1
- SNI (Server Name Indicator)support for Domino
- 128/256Bit AES for DB encryption
- New RSA keys created as 2048 bit by default
- Removed RC2 and RC4 algorithms for DB encryption
HCL Sametime V11 Meetings
- Sametime V11 Meetings 1H/20
- Built on open source
- Voice, video, and screen sharing
- Choice youtube streaming
- All components on single server
- Sign up Mobile Beta V11 HCL Sametime (Android and iOS) LINK
- Webinar: An Inside Look at HCL Domino Volt Beta Program, March 18 LINK
- Webinar: Domino Volt Is Here: Everything You Need to Know, Apr. 16 LINK
A new way of licensing …..
Starting with ND V11.0.1, new licensing, registration and “monitoring” of licenses with Flexnet should be launched. I admit that I have not fully understood this method and I am not alone by discussion with others. I think HCL will have to work on it. Above all, a detailed explanation and demonstration of each model will be needed.
In any case:
- Flexnet registration required
- Completely abandon IBM Authorized Users an IBM CEO concepts
– cannot be measured
– only qualified by audit/post operations inspected
- Focus on monthly term license with 12 consecutive terms as 1 “license period”
- Customer mandate : Ability to enable Overdraft /Manage enforcement
– Must not shut down operations – critical processes depends on Domino
– Term license always permit Overdraft with post-billing at license period end
- Special Federal/Goverment Customer requirements (Capex licensing)
The conference was very interesting. It is amazing that the number of participants increased again, despite the participation fee and the current situation associated with Covid-19.
We could see all the sessions via webinars without the need to travel, save time, money and other worries. But Theo Heselmans with his wife! managed to attract lots of people with the same interest to one place. As far as I remember, they were representatives from more than 30 countries. Thanks to both!
And that’s exactly what we all value in the digital world today. Meetings. Sharing our experiences, ideas, problems. And to have fun.
Or am i wrong?