I received a request to resolve the following issue.
After upgrading the Notes client from 9.0.1 to 11.0.1 on a Windows 10 laptop and the recommended display of 125% (Scale and layout), the Notes client and all applications were a bit blurry. The same problem can be reproduced when set to 150%
The solution is to modify the Notes client startup:
- Right-click the “HCL Notes” icon or “notes.exe” file and select “Properties”
- Select the “Compatibility” tab
- Click to button “Change high DPI settings”
- Check “Override high DPI scaling behavior” and select in “Scaling performed by”: “Application”. Confirm “OK”
- Start the Notes client and check the display
3 thoughts on “Notes client 11.0.1 in Windows 10 is blurred at scale and layout display 125%”
The correct thing is to restore win10 to 100% scaling (as recommended).
there is a separate setting for font size “Make text size bigger”
This way everything is tack sharp!
Please Vote: https://domino-ideas.hcltechsw.com/ideas/NTS-I-1064
This solution is just working up to 150% scaling, anything beyond that, breaks the Client. A 4K display on a 13″ Notebook is scaled by default to 300% in Windows.
This is due to some changes in W10, not in Notes. I have seen this also in Notes 9.0.1 versions moving from Win7 to W10. Normally changing the settings for the notes2.exe solves the problem.