During the engage conference in Brussels, Belgium, the Early Access HCL Domino 12.0.2 was announced and released. You can find it in your Flexnet.
What’s new in 12.0.2?
- Security new features and enhancements
HCL Domino 12.0.2 provides the following new security features and enhancements.
- DAOS improvements
A new server task, DAOS Encryption Manager (daosencmgr), can be used to ensure DAOS objects on an HCL Domino server use a consistent encryption key and key strength.
- Support for snapshot backups with Volume Shadow Copy Service (VSS) writer
Domino now provides a native Windows VSS writer for snapshot backups for use with the Domino backup and restore. VSS writers are designed for application-aware VSS snapshots.
- Administration Quick enhancements
Administration Quick (AdminQ), introduced in HCL Domino 12.0.1, has been enhanced in Domino 12.0.2.
- Command to zip diagnostic files in the IBM_TECHNICAL_SUPPORT directoryY
ou can use the new tell domino support command to collect diagnostic files recently created in the IBM_TECHNICAL_SUPPORT directory into a .zip file to provide to Support.
- New version of CKEditor
CKEditor used in iNotes is now version 4.18.0. Previously it was version 18.104.22.168.
- Domino directory user interface enhancements
These Domino directory user interface enhancements are added for improved usability.
Components no longer included in this release
Components no longer included as of 12.0.2:
- The “NetBIOS (NetWare, LAN Manager, etc)” network type option has been removed from HCL Notes® client setup.
- The Domino Active Directory synchronization tool provided in early Domino releases is no longer included. The two associated dll files, nadsync.dll and nadreg.dll, are no longer installed. The Directory Sync tool introduced in Domino 11 is recommended as an alternative.